Wow. Three months of the year. Gone. You know, it feels like the years get shorter as I get older (yes, some of you want to tell me duh, right?).
I’m not the biggest fan of a new year. It makes me kind of sad… But I have to say, it’s been a good year so far. So here are a few highlights:
- First main event of the year: Student Evangelism Conference! It was the bomb! Plus, we (my youth group) went to see Monster Trucks (I mainly just enjoyed the reclining seats, lol), we wet to Cici’s Pizza, and me and my friend got our own hotel room. Like, that was pretty awesome! Also, The Digital Age was there! And Ed Newton was an awesome speaker. “Jesus turns broken pieces into masterpieces.” Totally fun weekend!
- So, I actually started this at the beginning of the school year, but I’m so glad I got to continue to help the kids in AWANA with their verses. It’s literally so much fun helping them and getting to know them. I’ve loved it.
- Inauguration Day… God sure turned things around. All the stress throughout the election, and God worked it all out. Also, my brother and I wrote a parody for this day with “For the First Time in Forever.” It was awesome, and we were gonna post it on YouTube, but… Neither of us are good singers, so… That didn’t happen.
- Star Wars Rebels back on!!!! (Big Star Wars fan!)
- Just a little thing… But we were at Whataburger, and there was this adorable little boy. I smiled, he smiled, I smiled again, he smiled again. It was so cute! Then I heard him say, “Mom, she smiled at me!” Awwww!
- We finally got our old house sold. So that was good; and also, to go along with that, we got the piano moved out and into our current house! I was so excited!! (I think the house was actually closed on in February, but anyway!)
- I became obsessed with the idea of going to a writing camp. I am still definitely not over it, and I won’t be going this year. But that doesn’t mean I’m not going to stop hoping and praying for it and trying to save money (yeah, haha, good luck to me).
- Movie night at church with the youth group. That was fun!
- THE VALENTINES BANQUET!! Has been for three years, and will be for the next two one of the biggest highlights of my year. And this year, we had a little fun with it. 50’s themed! So we did burgers, fries, root beer floats; several 50’s dances, like the bunny hop, the twist; poodle skirts, 50’s hair, (also, I painted some canvas shoes to match 50’s style). It was really fun. I was a little nervous about the little dances, but they were only like, 30 seconds, and everyone there loved it! It went really well!!
- I started my blog (as well as my instagram)!! Blogging has been so much fun! And I’ve loved reading y’all’s blogs as well! (Let me know if you have one, I’d love to check it out!)
- I read one of my (now) favorite books series ever! Guys, check out The Homelanders series- it is the bomb. I was not disappointed! (Here’s a little more information on it- My Favorite Book Series.)
- DNOW! Started off the month, basically! We talked about living different, set apart from the world. Also, the music was awesome (our music minister and his wife write songs and they are awesome!!!), and (some of) the college kids who came to lead small groups had been members of church in high school! So that was cool. We had ice cream, we watched Priceless, we did an escape room (that my youth pastor put together- it was awesome!), we played laser tag, and had some really good food. Super awesome weekend!
- We had our annual March Madness volleyball fellowship at church! I love sports, but I’m not very good at volleyball. So I was fortunate to have a pretty awesome team, and we won the tournament! Yay!!
- Designated Survivor is back on!! Agh, it’s such an intriguing show!
- I finally saw Moana, lol! Everyone at church (my friend and my youth pastor & his wife specifically “Why haven’t you seen it??” Well, I have now, and I’m officially hooked on the songs, so. Yep, all caught up now.
- Again- Star Wars Rebels (I know, get a life, right?) Twin Suns was finally coming on!!! Sadly, I have to say I was disappointed in this episode (please feel free to comment your thoughts if you’ve seen it!). Anyway.
- I’m in choir at church, and we’d been working on ‘Thrive’ for a while at this point. We finally sang it in church! It was such a fun song! We clapped, stomped, (and sang obviously). It was really a lot of fun to do!
- I got to talk with Livy (the founder of Crown of Beauty magazine), read her first episode of ‘Regal Hearts,’ and write a review for it for her blog tour! That was so much fun to get to be a part of that, and I loved ‘Regal Hearts’ (you should totally go buy it- episode three is available tomorrow on amazon!!!!). And I also finally got a chance to check out the magazine- loved it! So yeah, big highlight getting to meet her!
- And lastly- I was given the opportunity to play piano in the praise band in my youth group (last night was my very first night to play!) as well as become a student leader.
That last one is basically how this next quarter has started off, so:
- I can’t wait to see how God will use me in these positions (and probably push me out of my comfort zone- I’m very shy– so please pray for me!)
- (Hoping to write a post on my progress soon, but) I’ll be working on the next batch of chapters in my book Daisy: The Homeschool Kids, and hopefully have it published in the next three to four months! I feel like I’ve really gotten more serious about it this year, and I’m super excited to start my next book in the series. This is like so big for me!!!
- Easter (I can’t believe it’s already that time again!) We’ve got some awesome choir specials coming up for that, too! It’s going to be so cool!
- Goingggg to a Chris Tomlin concert!!!!! IT’S GONNA BE SO GREAT!!!
- School’s almost out!!
- Finish my book!
- Read the ‘Prince Warriors’ series
- Start saving up for a writing camp!!
- Thinking about trying to learn how to play the cello? (May not happen so soon, though!)
It’s only been three months, but 2017 has been great so far, and I’m excited to see what happens throughout the rest of the year!
How has your year been so far? Any highlights or lows? Dreams and goals? Let me know if you have any prayer requests as well! Hope y’all have a blessed month!