Well everyone, summer is coming to it’s close. Part of me is relieved for the simple fact that, my summer is definitely busier than my school year- sad, right? But, I also get really stressed when school starts up. Not that I haven’t been stressed this summer- I think I’ve been more stressed in the past two months than I have in my life. But new waves of stress are kind of washing away the old ones.
I’m headed into junior year, which is insane. I mean, haha, I’m not mature enough to be a junior! I’m not ready to drive! I’m not ready for my childhood to be over! Wow, it’s just crazy.
I’m really trying to stay motivated and self-disciplined, while not over burdening myself with goals. So, I’ve tried setting some realistic (and reachable) goals for myself; and I’m also trying to get a good grip on bullet journaling again before school officially starts.
Top 6 September Goals.
- Complete 20 lessons of school. This is a reasonable goal. But I feel like it’s a good one to kind of set the pace for the rest of the school year. Twenty a month (except in months like December) is my goal for the school year. For the semester, actually, my goal is 70 lessons. Not sure how many public schoolers accomplish in one semester, but that’s the homeschool life, I guess!
- Write 4 blog posts. Oh- and actually plan them out, and not ramble all the way through them. That’s what I feel like I do, guys! Sure, this isn’t like a how-to blog, it’s more of just my journey, but I think I could do a little better. That’s my hope, anyway. It might be harder with school starting.
- Lose 5 pounds. My semester goal is 20. Honestly, I’d like to lose more than 5 in a month, but I’m not gonna set a super high goal. Also, I just want to eat healthier. I want to eat to live, and not live to eat.
- Read 4 books. Guuuuyyyyysssss! If you read my last post TBR + Reading Goals, you know I’ve been failing with my reading. So my goals are fairly lofty this semester. I’ve got a long to be read list, and I plan to read them all at most over the whole school year. Really though, I’m hoping that I can get back into my love for reading, it won’t take quite so long.
- Finish the first draft for Will (The Homeschool Kids). I know I’ve said this before, but I’ll say it again. I am so excited about this, simply because I know I’ve learned a lot since I started my first book, so it’s cool to be able to see improvement and incorporate things into the story that I’ve learned about. And this was my first story to actually outline, so that helped a lot.
- Start the first draft for my dystopian novel. I’m not quite sure how long it will take, but I want to at least start it. I’ve gotten to the deep, scene outlining, and I’m hoping to be done with that soon. I’m really, really excited to start this.
My September Bullet Journaling Pages.
My main pages are my semester goals page, my monthly layout page, my weekly layout pages, my blog posts page, and my school goals & schedule page. I decided to kind of go with a fun theme (when I think back to school, I’ve got red, yellow, blue and green in my head), and I think I’ll have a theme for each month. I’ll do a goal page for each month, a schedule page (and I’ll change it up depending on what worked the previous month and what didn’t), and of course the monthly and weekly layouts. I’ve also got my to be read list. Here are a few of the pages I mentioned:
What are your goals for the month? Do you have a bullet journal, or a way of keeping track, to schedule, and all that fun (but crazy) stuff?
Thanks for reading! I hope y’all have a great rest of the month!